A designer's heart breaks every time you throw away a holiday card! To help prevent such sadness, I encourage everyone to repurpose all of those beautiful designs you receive in the mail by making gift tags.
Hoping this will be helpful for last minute wrappers, as well as next-year planners.
Here's what you need:
- A stack of your Christmas or holiday cards
- Paper Cutter, or Scissors if you have a steady hand
- Circular Hole Punch- mine is 3"
- Single Hole Punch
- Your favorite pen or marker
- Using a circular punch, cut out images from the front of your favorite cards. Simply cut out your friend's faces, glittery snowmen, or other festive designs! We've had lots of friends use their gorgeous wedding photos for their first Christmas, and think it'd be fun to attach their picture to their gift.
- Put a hole punch at the top, attach to ribbon, and tie onto your gift! Just be sure to check the back to make sure there isn't already writing on the reverse.
- Use your favorite pen or marker to write your own "To, From" or holiday message on the back.
If you've received the rare, but classic, folded card, check out the cover! Use a paper cutter or scissors to cut off the front, and use it as a postcard. Smaller card covers will make great tags as well.
All of the cards shown here are pieces I've received over the years, and are not my work. I keep every card I receive in a special box, and while some are precious enough to save forever, others are too special to keep hidden away!
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you and yours!